Saturday, August 22

The Boys and the Pizza Slice

This morning Mateo insisted on eating pizza for breakfast. Not one slice, but two. When you are a mom, you pick your battles... and this was one that I was fine with surrendering to since he will more than likely eat cereal for lunch. Mateo is pretty picky, so that means I have to pick off all of the pepperoni (or any other toppings) and heat the slice up so it's not too hot and not too cold. So Mateo was eating his second slice and watching Imagination Movers when I hear a loud scream, "NO JUJU!!!!" I run over only to see Julian standing up, one hand holding the coffee table, the other holding Mateo's slice of pizza. He had the whole end of the pizza in his mouth and was sucking away. Now, Julian still doesn't have teeth but he has teeth envy. He always wants to eat whatever we have and even though he already ate some baby food, he wanted what his brother had. So I had to pull the pizza away from Jude and pop a little piece of the crust in his mouth. Mateo was still crying though because there was Jude spit on his pizza. I had to pull off the piece that Jude slobbered on. Then I had to pull off two more pieces that I knew didn't have Jude slobber on them but Mateo insisted they did... picking my battles... And finally, peace.

No comments: